Hip Pain Treatment in Houston and Sugar Land, TX
If you feel problems like hip pain at night, outer hip pain, hip pain when sitting, or hip pain when walking, then consider Modern Pain Management. If you feel extremely awful pain, visit specialist at Modern Pain Management who help people with their hip pain. Visit us at a location near you. For more information, please call us or schedule an appointment online.
Sometimes people take their hips for granted. They help us walk, run, work, play, and do so much more, so when we have pain in our hips, it can make our everyday lives pretty difficult, and then we don’t take our hips for granted anymore. If you’re experiencing hip pain, then we can help here at Modern Pain Management so you can get back to living your life again. Reach out to us today to learn more.
What could be causing my hip pain?
Your hip pain could be caused by an injury or chronic condition like arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, a muscle strain, a hip fracture, or a labral tear. Issues like those can cause lasting (chronic) pain that may actually radiate and be felt elsewhere in the body, like the legs. For this kind of pain, it’s best to have a consultation with a professional who can identify the source of your pain and offer you a way to manage it. The kind of professional you’ll want to see is a pain management specialist. It’s likely that your case of hip pain is manageable with the help of a pain management specialist, and you may be able to avoid any kind of surgery and get back to your regular routine too.
Is surgery necessary for my hip pain?
Sometimes hip replacement surgery is the best option and even necessary for a patient, like when the patient has a degenerative condition like arthritis that has caused significant damage. Sometimes a partial hip replacement is sufficient, like for hip fractures. However, many patients are able to avoid surgery altogether.
Here at Modern Pain Management, we offer a number of other options that could easily work for you, including minimally invasive interventional treatments. We’ll help you avoid surgery!
What are the treatments for hip pain?
Often physical therapy and/or regenerative medicine can help a patient with their hip pain, while other times joint injections are best. Here are some of the minimally invasive interventional options we offer here at Modern Pain Management:
- Intraarticular steroid injections – These injections can offer osteoarthritis patients with moderate to severe pain short term but significant pain relief.
- Hyaluronic injections – Injections of hyaluronic acid, which can correct the changes in the synovial fluid of a hip that’s affected by osteoarthritis; the injections can help make the fluid more substantial and improve the joint’s ability to glide.
- Lateral femoral cutaneous and obturator nerve block – Generally guided by ultrasound, this procedure is done to treat hip joint pain by blocking the nerves that send pain signals to the brain.
- SI joint injections – Sacroiliac joint injections/blocks that can either diagnose or treat sciatica associated with sacroiliac joint dysfunction; often, sciatica can cause pain to radiate into the hips.
- Radiofrequency ablation – A minimally invasive treatment that targets and disables the nerves that transmit pain signals. This can be quite effective for patients with chronic conditions causing their hip pain.
- Osteopathic manipulative treatment – A set of hands-on techniques (muscle and joint movements and manipulations) that can be done for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of hip-related illnesses and injuries. Can help rehabilitate a patient too.
Do you offer hip pain treatment in Houston, TX and Sugar Land, TX?
Yes, Modern Pain Management offers hip pain treatments at both of our locations. You’ll find us at 902 Frostwood Drive, Suite 235, Houston, TX 77024, and at 12930 Dairy Ashford Rd, Units 501-504, Sugar Land, Texas 77498. If you or a loved one has hip pain, we encourage you to reach out to us today to learn more or to book a consultation with us. We’ll help you find the relief you’ve been longing for.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!