Pain Doctor in Sugar Land TX
At Modern Pain Management, a wide range of pain symptoms are treated. If you are suffering from throbbing, dull, burning, shooting, or stiffness in the body, then our professionals are here to help relieve your pain. We are located at 12930 Dairy Ashford Rd #501-504, Sugar Land, TX 77478. For more information, call us or request an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Pain is a complex reaction to an external or internal stimulus; it is a physiological and nervous system function that signals the body that something is wrong (i.e., an injury or illness). There are many ways you can experience pain and almost countless ways to describe it. As it stands, there are several ways to classify pain, such as by duration (acute, chronic), systems affected (neuropathy for nerve pain, for example), and areas affected (arm pain, leg pain, shoulder pain, etc.).
Pain affects everyone differently but often manifests as the following symptoms:
• Sharp pain
• Stabbing pain
• Electric shock sensations
• Shooting, radiating pain
• Aching, soreness
• Cramping, tightness
People often exhibit the following signs when they are in pain:
• Strong facial expressions, such as grimacing, furrowed brows, holding eyes tightly shut, pursed lips
• Clenched jaw, grinding teeth
• Grasping or clutching clothing or fabrics
• Rigid body
• Unusual breathing patterns
• Moaning or calling out
• Not responding to voice
• Becoming withdrawn and less social
• Flinching when touched
• Guarding an area of pain, such as holding it closely or preventing people from touching the area
• Kicking, restless legs, frequent repositioning, rocking
• Agitation, irritability
• Low tolerance for engaging with others
Furthermore, pain can occur alongside a variety of other symptoms, all of which have some influence on pain, either causing it or intensifying it. These include:
Flu-like symptoms, such as:
• Sore throat
• Inability to concentrate
• Loss of appetite
• Muscle spasms
• Sleep disturbances
• Unexpected weight loss
The three main causes of pain are:
• Injury — Physical trauma and gradual wear and tear are common types of injuries that result in pain, both acute and chronic. A physical injury can be as mild as lightly stubbing a toe, to as severe as a deep cut that causes massive blood loss.
• Illness — The term “illness” is typically used to refer to short-term sicknesses, like the common cold or the flu. These acute infections are the most common kinds of illnesses and can result in muscle aches, headaches, stomach cramps, and other painful symptoms.
• Disease — Chronic conditions like diabetes, heart disease, asthma, and arthritis are what people typically refer to when talking about the disease. This can be a significant cause of pain due to the impact it has on the body, resulting in symptoms such as joint stiffness, muscle soreness, numbness in the extremities, stabbing, and shooting pain.
Pain management, in general, focuses on restoring the body to wellness and good health, and there are many ways to approach this. Physical therapy is an effective type of pain management for pain caused by trauma to the body. Alternative therapies, such as injections, like Botox or steroid injections, are another common type of pain management and are integral in the integrative restoration of individual wellness. Diet also plays an important role in pain management, as certain foods or additives can trigger or exacerbate painful symptoms.
Chronic pain is any kind of pain that lasts longer than three months (in some cases, six), and can be mild, moderate, or severe. Severe pain is extreme, excruciating, or debilitating physical suffering that causes major disability and immobility. In summary, chronic pain is used to describe the duration of pain and is not specific to its intensity.
Come to Modern Pain Management in Sugar Land, Texas, for all of your pain-related needs. Call us today or book an online appointment with our pain doctor, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 12930 Dairy Ashford Rd #501-504, Sugar Land, TX 77478. We serve patients from Sugar Land TX, Houston TX, Pearland TX, Jersey Village TX, Missouri City TX, Stafford TX, and Richmond TX. We look forward to serving you!